THE ART MOTIF OF CHINA IMPERIAL CERAMIC FOUND IN INDONESIA
PART III. STUDIES RESULTS
Dr Iwan Suwandy , MHA
Private Limited E-Book In CD-Rom Edition
Special For Senior Reseacher And Collectors
Copyright @ 2013
THIS THE SAMPLE OF Dr Iwan Limited E-Book In CD-Rom with unedited non complete info illustration, the complete CD-Rom exist but only for premium member please subscribe via comment with your email address and private information same as your ID-Card
ELEVEN CHINESE ZODIAC SYMBOLS
Mouse Zodiac Motif
I. The Ethnic History of Mouse
1. The China charcater of mouse
The China character of mouse have showed ancient calligraphy of Mouse with head,mostage, leg and tail.
( The rare Ming mouse decoration ceramic , only the unsual
head decoration like animation clown, eyes, ear and mostage
this is the only one ever seen and report, never seen at international auctions, if the collectors ahve the same decoration please report via comment-Dr Iwan S.)
2. The Chinese Ethnic legend of Mouse
Mouse were the Yin animal , in the Chinese legend the mouse hae belief can live until 300 years, and when It became 100 years the color have changing into white. When the country occupied by the enemies , the white mouse will show itself.
3. The Chinese Ethnic symbols of Mouse
The symbol of mouse were the symbol of fear , but also the symbol of cleverness(Kecerdikan) and the symbol of wealtyness due to hardwork (Same ass the Charater of Mouse)
4. The Chinese Etnic zodiac of Mouse
Mouse was the first animal from twelve Zodiac creations and have told that the mouse had betrayed the Cat , that was why the Cat didnot exist in the Chinese Ethnic Zodiac.
II. The Ethnic lucky Fengsui of Mouse
1. Use By Chinese Ethnic Fortune Teller
The Mouse could be used by the Chinese ethnic fortune teller to know what will happened in the Chinese Mouse year and also what will Happened at the area abouth the distance of 1.000 mil
2.The wedding day of Mouse
The 19th days of the first Month is the Mouse wedding day, this day is celebrated by the Etnich Chinese to asked the The King of Mouse for changed the destroyed of their family to the people who didnot payed attention to their religious.
3. The Bigger Fatty Mouse will bring the wealthyness
If a Bigger Fatty mouse enter the home, the ethnic Chinese willnot kill or threw that fatty mouse, becasue they belief the Bigger Fatty mouse will bring the lucky of wealthyness.
4. Mouse were the animal have made Fear especially the Pes diseases, but also as the honor animal because the fatty mouse was the lucky symbol of wealthyness.
5. The legend of a Mouse disaster day
The mouse have belief in the Chinese ethnic legend had related with the Sun , that is why this day didnt luckyday for built the House , if still done will made disasters of the family who lived in that house and they will seperate bed because they cannot sleep well .
6. The legend of the mouse lucky fengsui
(1) The Guard of North Mo Li-shou have bring the creators which near same profile with White Mouse in the native bigger beg, and the Mount Ancetors Erh Lang or Yang Chien killed him and took the unique white Mouse Creators to be his beloved animal.
(2) There were the invitation sent to the tweleve zodiac Animal, but the mouse made fool to Cat, the invitation of the cat have recieved lately after the choose of the name of animal Zodiac over, that was why had need one name to change with Cat, and when first meeting was the Pig , the cat change with Pig Zodiac and The Mouse still as the first Chinese zodiac , if the cat arrive on time, The Cat will be in Chinese Zodiac and The Mouse will out of the Chinese Zodiac. Who had keep the cat invitation, you have known the clever White Mouse.
(Why the Cat decoration very rare in Chinese Ceramic decoration and became one of RCD-Rare ceramic Decoration in China tradition ? please read carefully the history and legend above, and we will understand by in the world Walt Disney very success with his Mickey Mouse , the lucky,humor and clever mouse, but in Japan the native Nippon people more preferred Cat with their very famous humor creators Hallo Kitty that belief as the symbol of wealthyness, and every weving hand will pussed the money into the owner of the lucky Cat, that different in China that is why no cat in China Zodiac, but in Sarawak Cat were the very lucky animal that is why their capital called Kuching with her excellent Cat or Kuching musuem ,
Buffalo Zodiac Motif
- I. THE TIONGHOA ETHNIC WATER BUFFALO HISTORY
1. The Bos Bubalus or Water Buffalo which serve so well at theplough and the Mill.
2. The milk of Common Cow is sweeter than that of the Buffalo, thhough the latter is richer in cream.
3. A large bronze image of a water buffalo is to be seen n the bank of the Summer Palace lake at Beijing, being placed there in the belief that the sacred and powerful animal will repress the evil spirits that disturb the lake, rivers and seas.
4. The chinese may be didn’t eat water buffalo because they honored the Buffalo which plough the sands and Buddhist frmIndia also didn’t eat Buffalo meat.
5. During archeolgist excavation the Buffalos bones only found at te area after 1400 AD , may be this animal came frm westren because there fund the Ancient Bones .The Tartar used the Buffalo horn that came from the Middle east.
11. THE TIONGHOA ETHNIC OX HISTORY
1.The Ox (Sapi) is the emblem of Spring and Agriculture
2. The ox is the second of symbolical animals corresponding to the Tweleve Terrestrial Branches.
3. It has a rich variety of name in the Chinese language, and a special designatin in each year of growth, up to the seventh year.
4.The character of ox was said that the four dots of the presnt symbol for fish being supposed to reprsent the four leg of the Ox.
5. The creature is said to be deaf in its ears (that is why in the school alway said you are Ox to the stupid student) , but t hear with its nose.
The flesh of the Mule (eaten cow meat or beef) is sold for food, but , out of respect for the Jellow Ox (holy ox-look at the OX figurine) . Beef is not musch eaten, and its consumptin by Buddhist and Mohameddan, but Hindus prohibited for religious reasons. .
6. The meeting of the spring is farmers holiday which occur at the Slar perid knwn as Li Chun falling abut the 5th February, and it is then that the ceremnial ploughing and the beating f the spring x tkes place. this ceremonial first done during Dinasty Chou after beaten shang Dinasty 1122 BC , the buffalo had stop at 900 steps and Chiang Tzu-ya said that dinasty Chou will exist 900 years and that reeally happened.
7. The so called Spring Ox is made of clay and is beaten with sticks to stimulate the revival of spring. The detail f clur bth of ox and driver are carefully worked ut every year accrding t the astrlogical and geomatic omens. Its head and back were white, its abdomen and feet were green,it horns,leg,ears and tail were yellow.
8. Niu Mang or Mang Shen , a youth whose function is to beat the ox with a willw branch. He wore a green cat with a white belt. If the x is Jellow, the peple say that the year will be a fruitful ne, and a bumper harvest is expected. If it is red and calamity will be rife and if white mourning will be very plentiful.
III. THE TIONGHOA ETHNIC FENGZUI OF MALE BUFFALO
1. The Male Buffalo as the emblem of spring time and farmers, which related with the future weater situations.
2. Male Buffalo was the Animal Zodiac number two. The male Buffalo under the Venus and didn’t bring Feng zui.(That is why very rare painting in Ming ceramic).
3. If someone built his huse starting at Friday-the buffalo day, will made the brother fighting each other and the Buried and wedding in this day will not found wealthy and the family will gne away.
4. The Male Buffalo was associated with Lao Tze ,who also ride male buffalo when seeking the long life.
Tiger Zodiac Motif
. THE HISTORTY OF CULTURAL ART OF TIGER
(Compile from many Vintage book by Dr Iwan S.)
1. Tiger were very common in ancient times, and are still to be found circa 1974 Quantung ,Quan-shi .Fuk-ien .Qiangshi and Manchuria. The largest runs to 12 feet in length (no info today).
2. The Tigers stripes written in China as the radical Hu, and the tiger form with the legs like human being erect written in Vhina as the form of man Jen.
The Tigers strip also meant as the written on the whole body with brown gold color like chinese wriiten the emperor or Wang.
3.The Tiger illustration in China only on the ancien Copper Broonze statue, and some ancient legend pictures of The Chief Tao monk Chang tao-ling ride the tiger. Chang Tao Ling was the 8th chief
of Tao monk circa in the year 200 BC as the member of the first Han emperor government below Chan Liang, and after Chang become emperor.
Chang Liang have long life 123 years, because he drink the water of persist Lifes and the chinese people believed that Chang Tao -Ling have the power to send to earth the City goddest and to control the Neraka (hell) guard.The monk used amulet wit his written name to scarring the devila. Every year in the 5th day of the 5th Month(May.5th) there were the special celebrities for him in other to destroy Devil and and protect the people life.
4. Beside Chang Tao-ling, Hsuan Tan Wealthy Goddest
Tsai Shen- the chief of five Wealthy Goddest, he ride the Tiger or he himself image as the tiger.that is why in the 5th day chinese Imlek newyear all the window and doors were open to let Tsai Shen come in the House with her Wealthy blessing, until this day the Indonesia Tioghoa etnic had done that ceromonial in 12.00 PM in the night, especially when there ware rainning days more wealthy Fengsui will come in.
5.The Tiger in china was called the King of the wild beasts, and its real or imaginery qualities afford them matter for more metaphors than any other wild anima. It is taken as the emblem of magisterial dignityvand sternness, as the model for the courage and fierceness which skould characterize a soldier, and its presence or roar is synonymous with denger and terror. Its present scarceness had tended to magnify his prowess, until it has by degrees become invested with so many savage attributes tha nothing can exceed it (My friend had told me that when he hunting the tiger in Sumatra with the Younger man, when he heard the Tiger roar in the night and filled very scarring that his urination on his trousers-Dr Iwan S.)
In the days of Marco Polo, the multitude of tigers in the nothern parts of the empire rendered travelling alone dangerous, the sam situation in Sumatra, I have never travelled in the night around the Tigers area with the special Tiger Road Plague around Lahat-tebing Tinggi-Lubuk Linggau South Sumatra area beside the traditional Robbery Bajing Loncat or the leaping dog in that road that is why many car stopped and rest at Lahat or LubukLinggau.
6. The history of White Tiger
The White Tiger or Pai Hu, is the name given to the Westren quadrant of the Uranosphere and metaphorically to the West in general. The title o White Tiger was bestowe on the canonized Yin Chen-hsiu , a general of the last emperor of the Yin dynasty. His image may be seen at the door of Taoist temples.
II.THE ETHNIC TIONGHOA FENGSUI OF THE TIGER
(compile from many vintage book by Dr iwan S)
1. The God of anti Demon Teror and Military Powers
If the dragon or Chinese Dinosaurus is chief of aquatic creatures, the Tigers were lord of all land animal. These two share the position of prime important in the mtsterious pseudo-science called Feng Shui. The tiger is figure on many of the most ancient bronze ,often with a ring in its mouth. It frequently appears in a groteque form which native archeologist designate a Quadruped.The tiger symbolies military proweres (in Indonesia the symbol WEst Java Military Forces SiliwangI-Dr iwan S). It is an object of special terror to demons , is therefore painted on walls to scare malignant spirits away from the neighbourhood of houses and temples. The Shoes of small children are often embroidered with tiger head for the same reason
2. The God of Wealth
The Tiger sometimes represented as the God of Wealth and tiger goddest also to be found, chiefly in Hanoi, manchuria and also in Indonesia, where this animals are most plentyful.
3. The military Tiger-skin immitation dressed as the symbols of the powers (In Indonesia the national Police Academy and also The Military Academy used this dress at their Drumband Marching. They adnavnced to battled shouting loundly, in the hope thatvtheir cries would strike terror into the enemy as if they were the actual roats of Tiger.
3. The Tigers in Chinese astrology
(1)According to the astrologers, the star (ursa major) gave birth by matamorphosis to the first beast of this kind. He is the greatest of four-footed creatures, representing tthe masculine principle of nature, and is the lord of all wild animal. He is also called the King of Beasts , and the character King or Wang is believed to be traceable upon his brow. He is seven feet in lenght,because seven is the number appertaining to Yang, the masculine principle, and for the same reason his gestation endures for seven months.
(2)Due to Feng-Shui, all over the Galaxi including world divided on four direction,four stars and four creature who control that area :
(a) The east area controlled by the Blue dragon
(b) The west area controlled by the White tiger
(c) The South area controlled by the red phoenix
(d) The North area controlled by the black turtle
The white tiger have three lucky or Feng-sui :
(a) Brave,powers and passion.
(b) Against the criminal teror,swallow devils.and the tigers strip pointed the combination of yin and Yang that defense from the bad powers.
(c)Against and push out three criminas of flame,thief and devils.
(3) The man who born in the Tiger year, very lucky because he can merried fast with the women who merried in the Pig, dog, horse, mouse and cock years, but he cannot merried the women who born in the Monkey,snake, or cow years.
Very unlucky for the women who born in the Tigers years because she will swalow her husband and she will difficult to merried, only with the same or more powers man who born in the Tiger or Dragon years only.
4. The Tiger as the charm against sickness
Tiger lives to the age of one thousand years. When five hundred years old, his colour change to white. His claws are powerful talisman (many native Indonesian used Tigers clawn as amulet-Dr Iwan S.).and ashes prepared from his skin worn about the person act as a charm against sickness.
( I didn’t know why not many Tiger figur painted in the Plate,Cup of Vase ceramic, also no Chinese Tiger coins exist but on tiles more exist , I only have one Ming Tiger ceramic from Thousand of the artifacts , may be the Chinese archeologist will tell us via comment-Dr Iwan S.)
4) Rabbit Zodiac Motif
5) Dragon Zodiac Motif
6) Snake Zodiac Motif
II THE HISTORY OF SNAKE ART AND CULTURAL
1 Snake as the Supranatural power
(1)The written symbol representing the snake is compounded of the form from Chung,reprile or worm, and To ,humpbacked, which is derived from the figure of a cobra rising on its tail with dilated neck and darting toungue, but the China ceramic never with the Cobra snake decorations, but in India more often used the Cobra for show also in Indonesia with unpoison snake (ular sanca), also in Thailand they used snake for sexual showed .
The Snake is one of the symbolic creatures corresponding to the sixth of tweleve Terrestrial Branches, and is the emblem of evil, cunning and sycophancy.
2. Snake have the supernatural powers
The Snake is regarded with the feeling of awe and veneration owing to its supposed supernatural powers and its kinship with the benevolent dragon.that is why unpoison Snakes are offered for sale as food in China,and also in Indonesia.
3. The Demons and Fairies transform into Snakes.
The Chinese believe that elfs,demons and fairies often transformed themselves into snakes. The Buddihst monks occasionally harbour snake around their temples.
4. The Poison Snake have the power to cure
The Poison snake have the power to cure, that is why the Snake used as the Emblem of Medical sciencies(with stick and wing, meaning the snake were beaten by the eagle and the stick as the emblem of the cure powers ) by the Father of Medicine Aeculapius, the Aphothecry aslo used as the Emblem of Medicine sciencies(with cup).but in Chine the Snake didnot used as the emblem of medicine or medical practise. but my Brother ever the Chinese Snake medicine to cure his stomach bleeding patient at medan to Singapore hospital and succeed, the snake poison medicine to used for anticoagulant and made the circulation more good to protect against the effect of Vena Cava stopping circulation by the cirrhosis Hepatis which made Esophagus Varices with vena dilated and broken with many bleeding. The cure succees, their motto poison beat poisons.(Hallo Dr Edhie medan, thankyou for your medical reporting to Dr iwan S, are youn have another patient with the poisoning medicine therapy, please contact and report via comment)
The Chinese have various herbal remedies for snake-bite, and the masked head of the reptil is sometimes applied to wound .
The Medicine science have motto that The Medicine were the control Poison, that is why the using must by the Physician recipes and if the using up that the medical dosis, will became poison, the driug abuse or poisoning lethal dosis will send you to hell or hea-ven .Many Poison used for kill in the political situation ,ancient the Empress dowger ,read The Qing postal history in this blog , and the latest murdered of Indonesian activis against the Indonesian Violent and lost people, by Arsenic poisoning still cann’t detected the criminals who done the poisoning.
5.The Snake in Holy Bijbel
The First man Adam and Ave have eating the forbidden fruit by the snake, that is why the snake were the evil creature and God punished the snake , that must moving without legs and to be the evil creatures.
6. The Snake as the emblem of Criminals
The snake were the emblem of Criminals and evil that is why many snake tattouge made by the criminal because they think Snake will scaring their victim which made them gave what the criminals want.
7. The history of White Snake
The man who fallen in loved with the white Snake lady Hsu Han-wen or Hsu Hsien, after sexual intercourse , they have a child. Whe he now his wife was a snake, he asked the Buddhist Monk to seperate , but the white snake was killed during she want to have his husband back, The teacher Hsu had fighting with the white Snake lady and kill her and bring the White snake children to the temple until became the yun man , and this legend will related with Pai-she as the mother of the femous monk Hsuan-tsang in the journey to the west. A bandit criminals sinking the Chen father ship and kidnapp his Mother . The mother didnot want to makelove with the bandit (Ciao) , the Water dragn ancestor. The youngman(White snake son) met his mother and help to kill the bandit and his father body(Chen) was keeping by Shui-hsien(The Water Goddest) and he body life again by the sailors goddest Ma Tsu, and the Quan yin Buddha Goddest was ancestor from the Sailors Goddest.
III. THE LUCKY FENGSUI OF SNAKE
1. Very unlucky to kill the snake
The Chinese believed that very unlucky to kill the snake which made its democili below the floor of ones house and they purchase a snake thathas been captured, and liberate it, it considered a good deed that will not go underrewarded. They also believed that elfs,demons and fairies often transform them-selves into snakes. The Buddhist monk occasionally harbour snakes around their temples.
2. Why Snake important in the Chinese Zodiac
(1) The Chinese believed snakes keep the jewell in his head and the snake meat will cure the diseases, the skin of snake with white dot used to cure leprosy. reumatic and hemiplegia.
(2) Many Chinese scaring to Snake , but the snake have two power control :
(a) The black snake control the North area because all the disaters and criminals came from the North. If the Chinese General who believe on the Snake power attacked his enemy in the North and he soldiers at South, he will moved to the North and attack the enemy from North not straight from South.I he didn’t attacked from North will be the losser. The snake ancestor will became the Human.
(c) The Snake important because he have the power against the Criminals and he were very clever and hard fighting (cerdik & Gigih) and this best power belong to the human who born in the Snake years